Please take time to read the terms and conditions of your campervan hire.
- A booking deposit of £250 per week of hire is payable to the owner at the time of making a reservation and will be deducted from the total hire charge.
- This deposit is non-refundable in the event of cancellation (please see our cancellation policy).
- A confirmation of the booking will be emailed to you at time of booking.
- The balance is due 1 month prior to commencement of hire. You will need to call our office to make final payment. Any late payment may result in cancellation of the booking.
- Each van comes fully insured; we will reserve £750 (depending on the age of the driver) when you collect the vehicle. This will cover any excess in the event of an insurance claim.
- The excess will be blocked on the credit card at time of collection but released shortly after return of the vehicle if the terms of the rental are met.
- It is possible to take out a damage waiver insurance separately. Moovans do not offer this service but you can find insurance policies to cover this eventuality.
- In order to hire one of our vehicles, you must normally be between the ages of 25 – 75 years old. There is some latitude in this rule depending on the driver’s safety record and health, etc. The best way to explore this option is to submit a driver questionnaire.
- There are additional charges depending on the intended destination. Please Ask if you are planning to take your Moovan abroad.
- If you or the additional driver have had an accident you must inform us as soon as possible and contact the number in your driver pack for insurance reasons.
- Proof of identity with photo must be produced prior to commencement of hire, with original driver’s licence. A second proof of address is also required e.g. a recent utility bill.
- All drivers must be present when the vehicle is picked up.
- Europe: For those traveling into the EU or Switzerland, must be advised prior to travel overseas.
- Insurance is Fully Comprehensive.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to provide their own holiday insurance to cover personal items and belongings and personal injury in the event of an accident.
- Towbars are not provided and no towing is permitted.
- You must not have had more than one at fault claim in the past 5 years.
- You must not have more than 6 points on your license.
- Our vehicles may not be used in stop-start situations, such as support vehicles for any type of charity run, walk, bike ride, etc.
- Any usage for rallying, racing is prohibited.
- Only named drivers are permitted to drive the vehicle.
- Using the vehicle to transport goods or for paid transport of passengers and goods is not permitted and will invalidate the insurance.
- Dogs are welcome with Moovans, on the basis that guests are reminded that they would be responsible for any damage done by the pet, and we reserve the right to charge an extra £35 cleaning fee if there is a lot of hair left in the van on its return.
- We don’t charge extra for pets but it is the drivers responsibility to ensure dogs are securely transported at all times.
- Please don’t leave your dog in the van alone for any time even short stops; it’s not cool and can be dangerous for your animal’s health.
Fines & Penalties or Congestion Charges
- The customer shall settle all fines and penalties incurred during the term of hire.
- If you are renting a van with toilet it is the customer who is responsible for emptying the toilet prior to returning the vehicle. Failure to do so will incur a charge of £50.
- We operate a NO SMOKING policy in all vehicles. Any breach will result in a £200 fine.
- Every effort is made by the company to ensure the vehicle is in a safe and roadworthy condition prior to each and every hire.
- The company will refund the hire charges for any complete day’s loss of the use of the vehicle.
- The company shall be under no liability for any third party claims or damages in connection with or in consequence of, any accident or breakdown.
- Our vehicles have breakdown insurance. In the event of a breakdown, contact the number given to you.
- Approval must be obtained from the company in respect of repairs and replacements.
- The maximum height of your vehicle is clearly stated. Any overhead damage is the responsibility of the customer.
- Tyre damage including punctures, and damage to the windscreen and windows are the customer’s responsibility.
- Any call out charges due to negligence on the part of the customer; for example, flat batteries, wrong fuel, lost keys etc will be their own responsibility.
- Quarter tank of fuel will be provided with the vehicle at the start of hire and the customer is expected to return the vehicle with a quarter tank of fuel.
- Fuel will be charged at £1.70 per litre if the vehicle is brought back with less fuel.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that oil and water levels & tyres are checked on a daily basis.
- A gas cylinder will be supplied at the time of hire and the unit must be returned at end of the rental.
- Reasonable mileage limit applies. If mileage exceeds more than 1k miles per week of rental additional charges may be applied.
- The customer agrees not to part with the possession or control of the vehicle hired and not to allow any person other than the agreed drivers to drive the vehicle.
- The customer also agrees not to carry more passengers than the seating capacity of the vehicle, and not to use the vehicle for carrying passengers or goods for hire.
Pick Up / Drop Off
- Collection time for the vehicle is to be agreed in advance.
- You should allow one hour for explanation of how everything works. The explanation cannot be skipped and forms part of the validation of your insurance.
- The van is to be returned at the agreed time, otherwise there is a risk of driving without insurance, and of inconvenience to the next user.
- If you encounter unavoidable delays, you MUST contact the office to ensure that insurance cover is maintained.
- A £25 per hour charge will be made for vehicles returning after the agreed time.
Car and Luggage Storage
- We offer a car storage facility but these are left at owners’ own risk.
Refund and cancellation Policy
- More than 6 weeks before the hire: Loss of deposit only.
- 4 – 6 weeks prior to start of hire: 50% loss of the total hire charge and deposit.
- 28 days or less: 100% loss of the total hire charge.
- If due to circumstances beyond our control we are unable to provide your choice of van we reserve the right to provide you with an alternative van to the same specification or will refund the difference.
Data protection policy and Cookies policy
- We will only use your data for the purposes of arranging your campervan hire and will not share your data with any third parties unless we need to make an insurance claim as a result of an incident. We take only the data required by our insurers to comply Road Traffic legislation. We only hold the data for the period required by law.